Honestly I’m struggling a bit lately.
I think we all feel this way sometimes, like we’re just trying to keep it together. Like we have octopus arms reaching to keep all the plates spinning and everything from crashing down.
I’m behind on the Purple State Challenge not because of lack of organizations but because I’m struggling financially. I will hopefully turn this around shortly and be able to get to 52 organizations by the end of the year. I’m determined to turn the map purple!
- 4 hours – Crisis Text Line
- $25 Zebra Coalition
- 1 pair of Knitted Knockers
- I was so touched that when the parents and loved ones of the Pulse victims were asked how to honor them they came up with ways to be kind. And many of the ways to be kind were easy everyday things. I decided this week to focus a little more on holding doors open for people and looking people in the eye when I thank them for holding the door open for me. It’s such a simple gesture but still can be filled with love.
- Knitting. Still trying to calm my nerves with making things. I finished a cowl for myself this week and started on some more knitted knockers.
- My friend is moving away at the end of the summer. So we’re spending this summer trying to complete a summer bucket list of all the local things that locals tend not to do (i.e. New Yorkers never go to the Statue of Liberty). So we went to a local wine tasting event and watched the sunset. I haven’t laughed so much in a long time.
How’d you do this week?