I hope everyone had a nice holiday. I was going to post this yesterday but my Aussie Shepherd Emerson was curled up on my feet and that is my Achilles heel. She’s so soft and fluffy and sweet and my feet get so warm. It’s the best kind of procrastination.
- Traditional Volunteerism
- 4 Hours of Crisis Text Line
- Charitable Giving
- $25 – I decided to participate in The Compassion Collective (which includes a writer I love – Cheryl Strayed) raising over $1 for Syrian Refugees. All with donations of $25 or less. I started with $5 and realized that my company would match if I gave $25 so I gave $20 more. I think this might have messed up my company match having it split up (only by a couple of minutes) so we’ll see. It is a lot of money for me right now but it was worth it to be a part of something really special.
- Personal Kindnesses
- It’s Christmas time and there have been gifts. Nothing extravagant as my budget for gifts this year was nonexistent but I managed to get something off to my Niece and I got a couple of nice surprises including some free goodies from work. I think when you don’t have piles of gifts it’s easier to notice the kindness behind the gifts, you can really appreciate the giving and receiving.
- Also I’m close with my brother and growing closer with my Sister-in-Law and the special little moments of her stealing the phone from my brother on Christmas day to talk to me and texting each other about food was a sweet gift.
- Self Care
- I’m really taking advantage of my extra free time and focusing on making things. Knitting and sewing and baking. All things I very much enjoy.
Please share in the comments how you’re doing this week!