I’m back to job hunting as my current contract is almost up. This is stressful and time consuming. I hope this has a positive outcome but really I think there has to be a better process than this. The stress also comes from the financial side. A reason the Purple State Challenge has lagged. I’m not making very much now with an uncertain future and I haven’t been able to donate as much as I’d like. But I’m lucky to have an optimistic personality so I believe things will get better.
- 4 hours – Crisis Text Line
- $26 – Angel Flight MA
- 1 pair of Knitted Knockers
- I get compliments sometimes when I wear certain dresses or outfits to work and I did this week for a particular dress. With every compliment I received I tried to make sure I returned one. I used the compliments not just to feel confident in my appearance but as a reminder that it’s easy to compliment others. Pay it forward. I feel like I’ll now think of this dress as the pay a compliment dress.
- I’ve been focusing on my knitting. I have little projects that allow me to get that great feeling of control and completion that’s hard to find elsewhere. Plus I get pretty things that I donate or add to my wardrobe. It’s always fun to get a compliment and you can reply “Thanks, I made it”
- More cleaning and errand running. Again focusing on what’s in my control to accomplish. I’m also trying to focus on doing things now that I won’t want to do once I have my fancy new job.
How’d you do this week?