Sorry I’ve been M.I.A lately. I have been focusing on getting a new job and the self care that goes along with the uncertainty and stress of big life changes. Also my dog has been crazy with the heat waves. haha. Sometimes you just need to take a break.
But I’m still here volunteering, and being kind, and looking for great new organizations to donate to when I get my finances back in order.
- 4 hours – Crisis Text Line
- $10 Represent.Us through Omaze (trying to win an experience with JLaw)
- 1 Welcome Blanket
- This is kind of self care as well but I’ve downloaded a Gratitude Journal app on my phone. As I’m getting ready in the morning I write down three things that I’m grateful for. I think that this morning focus on things I’m thankful for put me in the right frame of mind to treat people and things I come across with kindness. Just like anything, practice makes perfect.
- Knitting. Still knitting like a crazy old lady. It’s so calming and allows me to have control over something, complete something, and do something good for someone else – quite the trifecta.
- Cleaning. I’ve been doing a lot of spring/deep cleaning in my house. I’m taking a friends advice to do things now to get ready for the next step. I won’t want to be taking on these cleaning projects when I’m starting an awesome new job. So I’ll take action now and be more prepared for the good things to come. I’ve also been listening to the Minimalists podcast while I’m cleaning and think they have a very interesting perspective that I’d like to work towards.
How’d you do this week?