As the holidays approach I’m feeling less and less on top of it. Things are slipping through the cracks a little bit but what I’m making sure isn’t missed are the really important things. Primary, the joy of the season.
- 4 hours Crisis Text Line
- ~$1 I put some change in the Ronald McDonald house bucket when I got coffee twice this week
- $1 in a local homeless program bucket
- I gave someone directions. I was in the middle of a run, completely in my own mind, in my zone. But stopping to give someone who seemed very lost directions only added a minute or two to that mile and it was helpful to that person.
- I bought someone’s dinner. It wasn’t much and wasn’t necessary but it was nice and it felt good doing it.
- I’ve been focusing hard on training for the marathon that’s quickly creeping up. Keeping exercise and diet commitments is a wonderful way to take care of yourself.
- I had a meet up with another Crisis Text Line volunteer. It’s great to see my comrades in person.
How’d you do this week?